How we help - overview
We work together with people to build skills, capacity and independence.
We achieve this by:
- Offering safe, secure and affordable housing
- Working in a way that is genuine, authentic and compassionate
- Ensuring our service provides respectful and consistent responses that build trust and promote emotional safety.
Indigo Junction has adopted a framework of Trauma Informed Care. Our team are committed to providing a service that is welcoming and appropriate to the needs of people who have experienced trauma.
“Trauma-informed organisations provide for everyone … by having a basic understanding of the psychological, neurological, biological, social and spiritual impact that trauma and violence can have on individuals seeking support. Trauma-informed services recognise that the core of any service is genuine, authentic and compassionate relationships.”
(Klinic Community Health Centre, 2013)
As well as our trauma-informed approach, our team members:
- Use client-led case management strategies to give clear direction and a future focus to all our work.
- Focus on independent living skills training.
- Offer a range of integrated services such as financial literacy and work readiness programs.
- Support people to access specialist therapeutic service as required.
We welcome feedback, ideas and enquiries from those who access our services and other community members.
“Everyone has a right to a future that is not dictated by the past.”
~ Karen Saakvitne