We believe everyone has the right to a safe and secure home! It is estimated that 1 in 200 people will be homeless tonight. We need to take action now!
- Over 30% of those who are homeless are aged under 24 years.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians make up 25% of all homeless people.
- The major reasons people are homeless are:
- Family and relationship issues (34%)
- Financial difficulties (28%)
- A lack of affordable and appropriate housing (19%).
Indigo Junction is committed to advocate for change to make homelessness history and we are already working towards this. In 2018/19 our impact was far reaching and key highlights include:
- 50 young people were provided with housing, support and education
- 25 young people leaving care were provided intensive support and housing through our LIFT program
- 132 people in our family service were provided housing, support and education.
- 2,228 people were assisted through our community service, Karnany Resource Centre.
- 1,969 instances of emergency relief support.
- 922 people crisis meals were provided to assist street present people.
- 38 men connected with our Strong Fathers program.
- 245 people were provided financial counselling.