We believe everyone has the right to a safe and secure home! It is estimated that 1 in 200 people will be homeless tonight. We need to take action now!
- Over 30% of those who are homeless are aged under 24 years.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians make up 25% of all homeless people.
- The major reasons people are homeless are:
- Family and relationship issues (34%)
- Financial difficulties (28%)
- A lack of affordable and appropriate housing (19%).
Indigo Junction is committed to advocate for change to make homelessness history and we are already working towards this. In 2015/16 our impact was far reaching and key highlights include:
- 43 young people were provided with housing, support and education
- 9 young people leaving care were provided intensive support and housing through our LIFT program
- 30 families including 58 children under 17 years, were provided housing, support and education.
- 62 people participated in the Housing Support Program
- 993 people in financial crisis benefitted from Emergency Relief
- 222 people took part in our Financial Counselling & Education Program
- 61 Aboriginal men connected with the Strong Fathers Program
- 73 people engaged with our adult literacy program Lit Up
- 33 men were linked to our Work Readiness Program