Family Support and Education
Families at Indi Place are provided with an extensive range of support services including:
- Education: we actively encourage parents to connect with education services to complete their schooling.
- Future planning: we work with parents to create goals and think about how they would like their families to live independently.
- Independent living: we provide information and assistance with budgeting, financial planning, nutrition, cooking, housekeeping and health.
- Positive parenting: we work with parents to build on their strengths and raise awareness of positive parenting techniques and tips
- Relationship building: we develop trust in relationships and seek to build self-esteem and confidence.
- Support networks: we create opportunities for our families to meet one another and form friendships
If required we refer families to a network of different agencies who offer specialist services outside the scope of our practice.